WHAT IS CBD?
CBD stands for cannabidiol. CBD is a 100 % natural plant derivative chemical. Although it is derived from a marijuana plant it does not contain any psychoactive effect. The marijuana plant contains over 400 compounds including tetrahydrocannabinol or THC which is responsible for high feelings however, CBD is the one that has some medical significance.
Why does CBD not get you high?
CBD alone cannot produce any psychoactive feeling which is normally termed as high however often CBD based drugs contain some THC, Which is psychoactive.
Why CBD and THC act differently?
Both THC and CBD are derived from the same parent plant but because of the difference in their molecular arrangements, they have different effects on the body. THC produces psychoactive feeling while CBD does not report any such feeling. Moreover, it is being significantly used in medical research purposes in the treatment of various disorders.
The CBD and THC combinations can be categorized into three varieties:
- High THC and low CBD
- An equal amount of THC and CBD
- Low THC and high CBD
High CBD products are best for those who do not want any euphoric feeling however high THC is for those who want some euphoric feeling to relax.
What are the benefits of CBD?
The people who have been treated with CBD have reported many benefits. Some of them are listed below.
- CBD helps with pain reduction. It decreases the activity of chemicals associated with pain in the brain.
- It also reduces depression in patients by reducing the section of chemicals responsible for them in the brain.
- Heart disease is also being reported to decreases by taking CBD drugs
- It has helped in the clearing of the skin by reducing acne problems.
- CBD also shows positive signs in the treatment of epileptic patients.
It is now legalized to buy CBD oil in UK and Europe for therapeutic purposes.
What are the side effects of using CBD oil?
Researchers are still going on to find out the medical significance associated with CBD however some side effects have also been reported by the use of these CBD drugs. These side effects have been categorized as long term effects and short term effects.
Short term side effects:
- Dryness of mouth.
- The patient can also experience anxiety
- Nausea like feeling
- Drowsiness feeling
Long term side effects:
- Some people have experienced dental issues after using CBD products
- Liver problems are also being reported.
From where we can buy CBD oil?
The websites of trusted brands are the best option to buy CBD oils as online shopping of CBD oil makes the research about the product easy. The legalization and approval of this product by the FDA for CBD oil UK and European regions make it easy for the people to buy. Consumers can also enjoy CBD products that contain a small percentage of THC if they want a mild high like feeling.